December 8 – Onyinge
December 15 – Oman
Sunday, December 9
Bible Class/Sunday School, 9:00 a.m.
Church, 10:00 a.m.
Christmas Eve rehearsal, 11:30-1:45 p.m.
Wednesday, December 19
Candlelight service Sing
Thursday, December 20
Northtown Concert, 2:00 p.m.
Friday, December 21
Christmas Break begins
Thursday, January 3
Due Mon., Dec. 10
Gr. K: TLH #63 v. 1-2 (p.9)
Gr. 1: TLH #63 v. 4-5 (p.9)
Gr. 2: TLH #713 v. 1-2 (p.11)
Gr. 3-8: God’s River Ever Floweth (p.2)
Due Wed., Dec. 12
K-2: recitation p. 2
Gr. 3-5: I am So Glad When Christmas Comes (p 7)
Due Fri., Dec. 14
K: TLH #63 v. 4-5
1: TLH #713 v. 1-2
2: TLH #713 v.3-4
3-5: TLH #63 all
It has a neck but no head. What is it?
- On Sunday we will have our second Christmas Eve rehearsal. We try to start earlier than noon so if your children are not here for church, please have them at the church by 11:30. There is a luncheon following the church service so that you do not have to worry about feeding them before the rehearsal. We will likely be done earlier than 2:00 so if you leave during the rehearsal, please be back at church by 1:45. The children should know all of their individual parts as well as the group recitations by Sunday.
- We will be singing at Northtown Mall on Thursday, December 20 at 2:00 p.m. We ask that the children wear black bottoms (skirt or pants) and a white top. Please let your friends and family know about it so that we can have a good crowd! Since it is a non-kindergarten day, kindergartners should be at school by 12:30.
- The school Christmas party will be on Friday, December 21. The gift exchange will begin around 2:00. Parents, grandparents, and volunteers are certainly invited to attend! If any parents wish to help with the party, please let Mrs. Hein know and she will connect you with right person.
- We are not going to be doing volunteer bags this year for Christmas. Instead we will be planning and cooking a meal for the volunteers where they can sit and visit with the students. Please stay tuned for further details.
- For your calendar:
- Sunday, December 9 – Christmas Eve rehearsal (11:30 -1:45)
- Sunday, December 16 – Christmas Eve rehearsal (11:30-1:45)
- Wednesday, December 19 – Sing in church for Candlelight service (7:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, December 20 – Sing at Northtown (2:00 p.m.)
- Sunday, December 23 – Christmas Eve rehearsal (8:45-9:45 a.m.)
- Monday, December 24 – Christmas Eve service (6:00 p.m.)
- Singing dates for the rest of the school year:
- Sunday, January 20 Sunday, February 10
- Sunday, March 17 Sunday, April 14 (Palm Sunday mini concert)
- Friday, April 19 (Good Friday) Sunday, April 21 (Easter)
- Sunday, May 19 (Confirmation)
- Sunday, May 26 (8th grade Graduation)
Last Week’s Friday Fun
It is round on both sides but high in the middle. What is it? Answer: Ohio